Bailey Street AP Academy Expectations of Remote Learning
Pupils are referred to us through the Admission Pathway to a Staffordshire Short Stay School/Pupil Referral Unit (PRU). Please note that any LAC from another LA who is new to the authority, the school/PRU must ensure Staffordshire’s Virtual School (VS) Head teacher is notified in the first instance as well as the School Admissions and Transport Team.
If your child is offered a place at Bailey Street AP Academy a meeting will quickly be arranged for you by the school. The number is 01785 556439.
In this meeting we will discuss your child’s needs and how we can work with you to ensure the best possible educational outcomes for them. You will be asked to fill in a small amount of paperwork; this includes:
- A Home/School contract; which sets out what support we will offer you, the behaviour we expect from your child, and how we can work together to ensure a successful placement at Bailey Street AP Academy.
- An agreement to say if you give permission for your child to take part in our Alternative Provision and offsite activities.
- ICT/Photographic information and consent for which you must sign.
- School transport consent form for which the pupil must sign.
- Timetable arrangements for which you must sign.
- Medical information for which you need to provide.
We also request you give us 2 emergency contact details for yourself and anyone else with Parental Responsibility for your child.
After this a start date will be arranged for your child depending on the transport requirements.
School uniform is provided by Bailey Street AP Academy. This consists of polo shirts and a navy sweatshirt, both with the Academy’s logo on. The uniform is laundered within the school so no uniform must be removed from the premises. Pupils can wear their own black trousers, black skirts or tracksuit bottoms. Trainers are allowed in the school.