Active Youth Passes
The Space Scheme is funding active leisure time provisions over the summer holidays.
Brief summary of provisions
- We are pleased to be offering young people aged 13-17 years old, free access to our ‘Active Youth’ gym sessions which are supervised gym sessions held at specific times each week. These sessions will be available at all 4 of our leisure centres (Cheslyn Hay, Codsall, Penkridge and Wombourne). Young people are welcome to do 1 session or book in advance for multiple sessions.
- We will also be offering half price hire on our 3G pitches so that young people can book an hours football session to enjoy with their friends at a discounted cost of £10 for the 1 hour hire. (Available at Cheslyn Hay, Codsall and Penkridge leisure centres).
All activities will be issued on a first come, first served basis, therefore subject to availability.
Full details (days and times) can be found on the attached flyer below.
How to get started
- Young people and families should express their interest with their support worker.
- Youth and support workers should make the bookings on behalf of the families/young people.
- Young people need to register by getting their parent/guardian to sign the ‘disclaimer’ (this can be done on the space website at https://staffordshirespace.uk/2021/disclaimer-rules/; or see the attached document below.
- Young people will then need to finally complete the reverse side of the ‘Active Youth Passes’ flyer (1st attachment) and hand this to their support worker, then let their support worker know what they want to book.
How to book the activities
Once support workers have established what the young person would like to book; support workers should email Leisure@sstaffs.gov.uk and provide the following details within the email:
- Attach the completed flyer (1st attachment) containing the young persons details.
- Confirm the young person has completed the disclaimer. (If this hasn’t been done via the website – please attached a copy of the completed form).
- List the bookings that you would like us to make (specify which leisure centre, which activity and the dates/times).
- We will then notify once the bookings have been made to confirm the sessions have been booked for your family/young person.