Bailey Street Beef Burgers
Prep:17 mins Cook:13 mins Plus chilling time
- 1/4 small onion,diced
- 100g good-quality beef mince
- 1 spoon of egg to bind the mixture together
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 burger bun
- STEP 1 Tip 100g beef mince into a bowl with 1/4 small diced onion and 1 tsp egg, then mix.
- STEP 2 Lightly wet your hands. Carefully roll the mixture into a ball.
- STEP 3 Set in the palm of your hand and gently squeeze down to flatten into a patty about 3cm thick.
- STEP 4 Cover with cling film and leave in the freezer to firm up for 10 mins. Wash up whilst waiting!
- STEP 5 Heat the frying panto medium hot. Add vegetable oil.
- STEP 6 Cook for 5 mins. Do not move them around or they may stick.
- STEP 7 turn over using spatula. Do not press down on the meat, as that will squeeze out the juices.
- STEP 8 Cook for 5 mins more for medium. If you like your burgers pink in the middle, cook 1 min less each side. For well done, cook 1 min more.
- STEP 9 Take the burgers out of the frying pan. Leave to rest on a plate so that all the juices can settle inside.
- STEP 10 Place burger on bun and eat!
In Step 1 why not try adding herbs, garlic or spices to zing up your burger